Las Vegas 51s (26-40) 12, Sacramento River Cats (25-39) 2 Box Score
- Phillip Evans 2B 3 for 5, 3 R, RBI .216/.297/.296
- Desmond Jennings CF 2 for 5, 3 RBI, 2 R .237/.301/.415
- Amed Rosario SS 2 for 4, 2B, 2 RBI, BB .336/.378/.500
The 51s put up twelve runs on a total of fifteen hits on the night. Amed Rosario reached base three times, including a pair of hits, and drove in two runs. Desmond Jennings reached twice as well, and drove in three runs. Tyler Pill helped himself with two hits, two runs scored and two RBI.
- LHP Tyler Pill (W, 5-1, 2.04) 7.0 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 6 H, 3 K
- RHP Erik Goeddel (7.16) 1.0 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 H
- RHP Hansel Robles (6.75) 1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 K
Tyler Pill made his first start since being sent back down to Triple-A. Pill provided the 51s with much of the same, as he tossed seven innings of two-run ball, while allowing six hits and striking out three. Erik Goeddel allowed a pair of home runs in his lone inning of work in relief. Hansel Robles pitched a scoreless inning to close out the game.
Erie Sea Wolves (32-31) 2, Binghamton Rumble Ponies (34-26) 1 Box Score
- Kevin Kaczmarski RF 2 for 4, 2B, RBI .303/.399/.394
- Matt Oberste 1B 2 for 3, 2B, BB .268/.344/.399
- Champ Stuart CF 1 for 2, BB, R .211/.299/.313
Despite picking up seven hits, the Rumble Ponies were only able to muster one run. Kevin Kaczmarski drove in Champ Stuart with an RBI single, representing Binghamton’s only run of the game. David Thompson popped out to the catcher with runners on second and third to end the game.
Conlon lasted seven innings, allowing two runs and three hits, while walking three and striking out four. Conlon has allowed three runs or less in three consecutive starts. Corey Taylor worked around a pair of hits in a scoreless eighth inning.
St. Lucie Mets (30-34), Jupiter Hammerheads (31-34) PPD
Thursday’s series finale between the Mets and Hammerheads has been cancelled due to rain and unplayable field conditions. The game will not be made up.
Columbia Fireflies (39-26) 7, Greenville Drive (39-27) 2 Box Score
- Michael Paez 2B 2 for 5, 2 HR, 4 RBI .286/.374/.497
- Jay Jabs LF 2 for 4 .243/.328/.369
- Tim Tebow DH 1 for 3, BB, RBI .228/.327/.349
- Dash Winningham 1B 2 for 4, R .251/.304/.445
Every starter reached base safely at least once for the Fireflies in this one, as they recorded twelve hits. Michael Paez led the way in the as he drove in four with a pair of home runs. Paez, Dash Winningham, and Jay Jabs all recorded multi-hit games. Tim Tebow got in on the action with a walk and an RBI single. Both Paez and Winningham will be participating in the SAL Home Run Derby.
- RHP Harol Gonzalez (W, 4-4, 4.11) 7.2 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 11 H, 6 K
- LHP Taylor Henry (3.55) 0.2 IP, 0 R, 2 H
- RHP Adam Atkins (2.57) 0.2 IP, 0 R, 0 H
Despite allowing eleven hits, Harol Gonzalez recorded his fourth win of the season. Gonzalez allowed only two runs over 7.2 innings, while striking out six batters. Taylor Henry allowed a pair of hits in the eighth, but was able to get out of the inning unscathed. Adam Atkins recorded a perfect two thirds of an inning in the ninth.