Iowa Cubs (18-21) 6, Las Vegas 51s (16-25) 5 Box Score
- Amed Rosario SS 2 for 5, HR, 3B, 2 RBI .366/.407/.547
- Dominic Smith 1B 3 for 5, RBI, K .325/.381/.488
- Xorge Carrillo C 2 for 3, 2B, BB, 2 RBI .261/.337/.455
Amed Rosario and Dominic Smith led the way offensively. Rosario got the 51s scoring started with a solo home run to left field in the first inning. He drove in another run in the seventh with an RBI triple. Dominic Smith drove Rosario in with his third single of the night. Carrillo drove in a pair with a two-run double in the seventh as well. Cecchini had a big error in the eighth inning on what was a tailor made double play ball to end the frame, instead the Cubs scored four runs to take the lead.
- LHP Josh Smoker (1.04) 4.0 IP, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 H, 2 BB, 5 K
- RHP Kevin McGowan (3.42) 3.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 BB, 2 K
- LHP Alberto Baldonado (L, 0-2, 9.64) 0.1 IP, 4 R, 3 ER, 3 H, 1 BB
- RHP Chasen Bradford (3.72) 1.2 IP 0 R, 1 H, 1 BB
Josh Smoker pitched well in his second start with Las Vegas. He allowed a pair of runs in the first, but settled down and threw a scoreless second, third and fourth. He also struck out five and only allowed two hits in those four innings. Kevin McGowan tossed three scoreless innings behind Smoker. Alberto Baldonado struggled as he only recorded one out in the seventh. He ended up allowing a total of four runs, three of which were earned. Baldonado was handed his second loss of the season. Bradford allowed two inherited runners from Baldonado score.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (20-14) 8, Altoona Curve (22-15) 5 Box Score
- David Thompson 3B 3 for 4, HR, 4 RBI, 2 R .220/.277/.331
- L.J. Mazzilli 2B 2 for 3, 3B, 2 R, BB .366/.481/.537
- Matt Oberste 1B 2 for 4, 2B, 2 R, K .246/.348/.377
David Thompson led the Rumble Ponies offense with his four RBI day. Three of those runs scored on one swing of the bat as Thompson hit his third homer of the season, an opposite field shot in a two-strike count. Champ Stuart, Luis Guillorme, and Kevin Kaczmarski all drove in a run. L.J. Mazzilli had a multi-hit game as he tripled and singled. From the fourth inning on, the Rumble Ponies scored one run in every inning.
- LHP P.J. Conlon (W, 4-2, 3.47) 6.0 IP, 10 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- RHP Luis Mateo (H, 4, 4.22) 1.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 BB, 1 K
- LHP Ben Griset (H, 1, 3.75) 1.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 BB, 1 K
- RHP Corey Taylor (S, 2, 5.40) 1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 K
Despite allowing five runs and a season high ten hits, P.J. Conlon earned his fourth win of the season. The Rumble Ponies bullpen combined for three scoreless innings in relief. Luis Mateo and Ben Griset threw a scoreless seventh and eighth. Corey Taylor tossed a scoreless ninth, recording his second save of the season.
Lakeland Flying Tigers (20-21) 2, St. Lucie Mets (18-23) 1 Box Score
- Travis d’Arnuad C 2 for 4 .500/.500/.500
- Wuilmer Becerra LF 2 for 4 K, R .274/.327/.380
- Dale Burdick SS 2 for 3, 2B, RBI, BB, K .186/.273/.373
Travis d’Arnaud made his first rehab start with St. Lucie tonight. He lined a pair of singles, and caught seven innings behind the plate. Wuilmer Becerra reached base twice and scored the only Mets run of the night. Becerra scored on a Dale Burdick’s double in the seventh. The Mets were 1-for-8 with runners in scoring position on the night.
- LHP Steven Matz (3.00) 3.0 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 H, 2 BB, 3 K
- RHP Seth Lugo (0.00) 3.2 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 H
- RHP Cameron Griffin (L, 0-2, 8.25) 0.2 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 1 K
- RHP Joshua Torres (3.32) 0.2 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 H, 1 K
Steven Matz and Seth Lugo both made their first rehab starts with St. Lucie. Matz tossed three innings and allowed one run on two hits, and threw 53 pitches. Matz struck out three, and his fastball topped out at 95 MPH. Seth Lugo threw 43 pitches over 3.1 scoreless innings, his fastball hit 95 MPH and topped out at 96 MPH. Cameron Griffin was handed his second loss of the season after allowing a run in the eighth.
Columbia Fireflies (21-17) 3, West Virginia Power (18-21) 2 F/10 Box Score
- Andres Gimenez SS 2 for 4, 2B, R .273/.363/.371
- Dash Winningham 1B 2 for 4, K .248/.303/.415
- Michael Paez 3B 0 for 3, R, RBI .287/.378/.530
Michael Paez drove in a run with a sacrifice fly and scored a run of his own. Dash Winningham drove in a run as well with an RBI single to tie the game up in the bottom of the ninth. Desmond Lindsay scored the game winning run in the bottom of the tenth on a wild pitch.
- RHP Merandy Gonzalez (1.59) 7.0 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 H, 1 BB, 4 K
- RHP Joseph Zanghi (BS, 1, 4.15) 1.0 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 1 K
- RHP Darwin Ramos (5.79) 1.1 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 2 K
- RHP Adonis Uceta (W, 2-0, 3.24) 0.2 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 K
Columbia starter Merandy Gonzalez went seven scoreless innings and four hits while striking out four and walking one. Joseph Zanghi blew his first save of the season, as he allowed a pair of runs in the eighth. Darwin Ramos threw a scoreless ninth, but ran into some trouble in the tenth. Adonis Uceta was able to pitch out of trouble in the tenth, and secured his second win of the season.