Albuquerque Isotopes (43-44) 6, Las Vegas 51s (34-54) 4 Box Score
- Dominic Smith 1B 2 for 4, HR, .330/.382/.502
- Kevin Plawecki C 2 for 4, 2B, .329/.371/.541
Smith hit his 12th home run of the season and his fourth already in July, he leads baseball with 115 hits this year. Jayce Boyd and Phillip Evans each had two hits on the night.
- RHP Hansel Robles (6.23) 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 2 K
Robles now has five straight scoreless innings.
Hartford Yard Goats (37-48) 6, Binghamton Rumble Ponies (45-37) 3 Box Score
- David Thompson 3B: 1 for 3, R, 2B, RBI, BB, K, .251/.324/.391
- Tomas Nido C: 1 for 4, 2B, 2 RBI, .246/.281/.384
- Champ Stuart CF: 1 for 3, 2 BB, 2 K, SB, .220/.323/.345
The Rumble Ponies were held to just three runs and four hits in the game. All of their runs and three of their four hits came in the eighth inning, when RBI doubles by Thompson and Nido combined to drive in three runs.
- LHP P.J. Conlon (5-7, 4.07 ERA) 6.2 IP, 9 H, 5 ER, 5 BB, 4 K
- LHP Kelly Secrest (0-1, 4.97 ERA) 2.0 IP, 3 H, ER, BB, 3 K
Conlon had another rough outing and has given up at least five runs in three of his last four starts. His high walk total was inflated by four intentional walks, so his control was not as bad as his line indicated. Casey Delgado made his first relief appearance of the season to finish the seventh, but allowed two inherited runners to score.
St. Lucie Mets (37-46) 3, Jupiter Hammerheads (40-43) 1 Box Score
- Jhoan Urena 3B: 3 for 4, 2 R, 2 2B, K, .298/.390/.447
- Peter Alonso 1B: 2 for 4, 2B, 2 RBI, .236/.309/.432
- Patrick Mazeika C: 1 for 2, 2 BB, .296/.391/.438
The Mets scored three runs on ten hits in the game. The got on the board in the fifth when a John Mora double play brought home a run. They would add a run in both the sixth and eighth innings when two RBI hits by Alonso brought home Urena.
- RHP Andrew Church (6-7, 5.09 ERA) 6.2 IP, 6 H, ER, BB, 8 K
- RHP Alex Palsha (2-1, 4.41 ERA) 1.1 IP, 2 H, K
- RHP Joshua Torres (0-2, 3.11 ERA) 1.0 IP, 3 K
Church, who has pitched very poorly since early June, finally got back on track with a dominant start. He struck out eight batter while only walking one. Torres, who has pitched well in his first season in the Mets organization, struck out the side in the ninth.
Charleston RiverDogs (44-41) 7, Columbia Fireflies (46-37) 1 Box Score
- Desmond Lindsay CF: 1 for 4, K, .193/.314/.352
- Ali Sanchez C: 1 for 3, RBI, .236/.295/.270
- Ian Strom RF: 2 for 3, .167/.286/.167
Columbia’s offense had a rough game as they were held to just one run on seven hits. Their lone run came in the seventh inning, when Sanchez’s single drove in Brandon Brosher.
- RHP Thomas McIlraith (2-1, 2.60 ERA) 5.1 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- RHP Cameron Griffin (0-2, 2.70 ERA) 1.2 IP, 3 H, ER, K
- LHP Taylor Henry (2-0, 3.34 ERA) 1.0 IP, H
McIlraith had not allowed a run in his first two starts with Columbia, but was hit around in this game. He gave up eight hits and five earned runs, while throwing 96 pitches in 5.1 laborious innings. He was not helped out by his defense, as Columbia made five errors in the game.
Staten Island Yankees (14-2) 4, Brooklyn Cyclones (4-13) 3 Box Score
- Ricardo Cespedes CF: 1 for 4, 2 RBI, K, .357/.357/.357
- Matt Winaker 1B: 0 for 2, 2 BB, .250/.386/.278
Brooklyn’s offense performed poorly in this game, scoring just three runs on four hits, all of which were singles. All of Brooklyn’s runs came in the sixth inning. Quinn Brodey drove in a run on a bases loaded groundout and Cespedes followed up with a two-run single. Both Jose Miguel Medina and Jose Maria left the game early.
- LHP Jose Carlos Medina (0-3, 2.08 ERA) 5.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, ER, BB, 2 K
- LHP Marty Anderson (0-0, 0.00 ERA) 4.0 IP, H, BB, 10 K
Medina got the start and pitched decently, with only one of his runs being earned. Medina walked his first batter of the season. Anderson came in to make his professional debut and was absolutely filthy, striking out an incredible ten batters over just four innings.
Greeneville Astros (11-4) 3, Kingsport Mets (5-9) 1 Box Score
- Edgardo Fermin SS: 2 for 4, K, .362/.412/.468
- Juan Uriarte C: 1 for 4, R, 2B, .313/.393/.563
- Rigoberto Terrazas 3B: 1 for 4, 2B, K, .327/.400/.400
Kingsport’s offense struggled, scoring just one run on six hits. Uriarte scored their lone run, coming home on an error in the second inning.
- RHP Christian James (0-1, 0.69 ERA) 6.0 IP, 3 H, ER, BB, 5 K
- RHP Joshua Payne (0-0, 0.00 ERA) 2.0 IP, H, 3 K
- LHP Aaron Ford (0-1, 0.00 ERA) 1.0 IP, H, 2 R, 2 BB, 2 K
James continues his excellent start to the season. He has only allowed one earned run over his first three starts of 2017 (his second start was shortened because of a rain delay). Both Payne and Ford have yet to give up an earned run since being drafted this June.
GCL Nationals (6-3) 2, GCL Mets (3-7) 1 Box Score
- Kenny Hernandez 3B: 1 for 3, RBI, K, .219/.306/.313
- Hansel Moreno 2B: 2 for 4, R, .450/.489/.525
- Mark Vientos DH: 0 for 2, BB, K, .174/.208/.217
The GCL Mets, in what was a trend among Mets affiliates yesterday, struggled offensively. They scored just a single run, coming on Hernandez’s RBI single in the bottom of the ninth inning.
- RHP Daison Acosta (0-2, 1.47 ERA) 6.0 IP, ER, BB, 4 K
- LHP Jose Sierra (0-0, 0.00 ERA) 1.0 IP, H, R, 2 BB
- RHP Eric Villanueva (0-2, 12.00 ERA) 1.0 IP, K
Acosta has been excellent so far this season, giving up just three earned runs in his first three starts. He has a 16 to 3 strikeout to walk ratio so far in 2017.
DSL Mets1 (19-11) 4, DSL Yankees (12-17) 1 Box Score
- Sebastian Espino SS: 2 for 5, 2B, 2 RBI, .308/.379/.495
- Jose Peroza 3B: 2 for 4, R, 2B, .342/.383/.505
The Mets scored four runs on eight hits in the game.
- RHP Jorge Cespedes (3-1, 1.52 ERA) 4.0 IP, 6 H, ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- LHP Hector Rodriguez (1-0, 0.47 ERA) 4.0 IP, 2 H, 2 BB, 6 K
Mets pitchers combined to hold the Yankees to just one run in the game. The team has a 2.49 ERA on the season.
DSL Mets2 (20-9) 3, DSL Brewers (11-19) 2 Box Score
- Shervyen Newton SS: 1 for 3, R, 3B, K, .317/.430/.442
- Jhoander Saez CF: 0 for 3, 2 RBI, K, .362/.443/.448
Saez had two RBI in the game despite not recording a single hit. He drove in his first run on a groundout in the second inning and drove in his second run on a sacrifice fly in the seventh inning.
- RHP Luis Vasquez (2-0, 2.38 ERA) 6.0 IP, 6 H, ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- RHP Joel Romero (3-1, 2.31 ERA) 1.0 IP, 3 BB