Reno Aces (44-26) 7, Las Vegas 51s (27-43) 3 Box Score
- Amed Rosario SS: 0 for 4, BB, 3 K, .327/.370/.484
- Josh Rodriguez 3B: 2 for 5, R, HR, RBI, 2 K, .270/.329/.484
- Jiovanni Mier 2B: 2 for 3, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, .429/.500/1.000
The 51s scored all three of their runs on home runs. Rodriguez put them on the board with a solo home run in the second inning. Mier would add two more runs with his sixth inning home run. Dominic Smith, who did not start a game for only the second time this season, had a pinch hit single in the eighth inning.
- RHP Wilfredo Boscan (3-4, 4.47 ERA) 5.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- RHP Hansel Robles (0-0, 7.15 ERA) 2.0 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, K
- LHP Alberto Baldonado (0-1, 7.02 ERA) 1.0 IP, BB
Boscan started the game for the 51s and was roughed up, giving up five runs in five innings. Robles continues to have a tough time in Vegas, giving up two runs in two innings. Robles allowed six baserunners in only two innings and now has a 2.12 WHIP with the 51s.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (36-27) 6, Reading Fightin Phils (38-27) 2 Box Score
- David Thompson 3B: 3 for 3, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI, BB, .245/.320/.395
- Kevin Kaczmarski RF: 1 for 4, R, 2B, .299/.390/.393
- Champ Stuart CF: 1 for 3, R, BB, .214/.311/.318
Thompson had his best offensive game of the season, getting on base four times and hitting two home runs. After putting together a solid May, Thompson has been hitting extremely well in June. He has a 1.040 OPS in 16 June games.
- RHP Chris Flexen (2-1, 1.74 ERA) 7.0 IP, 5 H, ER, 8 K
- RHP Corey Taylor (4-3, 2.93 ERA) 1.0 IP
- RHP Cory Burns (0-1, 5.27 ERA) 1.0 IP, 3 H, ER, 2 K
Flexen was dominant in the game and continues his great start to the season. Most impressively, Flexen, who had struggled with command at times last season, has not walked a batter in three AA starts. Taylor pitched a scoreless eighth inning and has only allowed one earned run over his last eleven appearances.
Charleston RiverDogs (34-36) 5, Columbia Fireflies (40-28) 1 Box Score
- Michael Paez 3B: 3 for 4, .290/.376/.509
- Luis Carpio 2B: 2 for 4, .257/.320/.304
- Andres Gimenez SS: 1 for 3, K, .268/.329/.359
Columbia could only score one run on eight hits. Their lone run came in the first inning on a Dash Winningham sacrifice fly.
- RHP Gabriel Llanes (4-4, 2.93 ERA) 6.0 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, BB, 5 K
- RHP Matt Blackham (3-0, 2.20 ERA) 1.1 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, BB, K
- RHP Cameron Griffin (0-1, 1.42 ERA) 0.2 IP, K
Llanes was solid in his start, tossing five scoreless innings before Charleston was able to scratch across two runs against him in the sixth. He pounded the zone, throwing 54 of his 78 pitches for strikes and only walking one batter. Blackham, who has had an excellent year, struggled in the game, giving up three runs in 1.1 innings.