Tacoma Rainers (41-37) 7, Las Vegas 51s (30-50) 5 Box Score
- Travis Taijeron RF 1 for 4, HR, 4 RBI, BB .257/.362/.498
- Jayce Boyd DH 2 for 4, RBI .235/.313/.392
- Gavin Cecchini SS 2 for 4, BB, R .247/.313/.343
- Amed Rosario 3B: 1 for 4, BB, R, .314/.357/.465
The 51s offense was nonexistent and was hitless until the fifth inning. After three straight walks loaded the bases, Jace Boyd smacked the first pitch he saw to drive in a run with an RBI single. However, that was all the 51s could muster from that rally. In the eighth, Gavin Cecchini led off with a hit then Amed Rosario walked and Kevin Plawecki loaded the bases with a base hit. Travis Taijeron turned this game around with one swing of the bat as he hit a go-ahead grand slam.
Dominic Smith got the night off having played the most game in the Pacific Coast League. Rosario got his fifth start of the season at third base.
- RHP Ricky Knapp (6.16) 7.0 IP, 4 R, 4 ER, 6 H, 3 BB, 3 K
- RHP Hansel Robles (BS, 2, L, 0-1, 7.16) 1.1 IP, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 H, 2 BB
Ricky Knapp pitched well in his start Thursday night. Knapp lasted seven innings and allowed four runs on six hits while walking three and striking out three. Knapp left in line for the win, however Hansel Robles couldn’t keep the lead. Robles walked a pair and allowed a pair of hits, resulting in Tacoma scoring the tying run in the eighth. Robles then allowed a walk-off two run homer in the bottom of the ninth to end the game.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (41-33) 7, Hartford Yard Goats (34-43) 5 Box Score
- Luis Guillorme 2B 3 for 4, 2 2B, RBI, BB .295/.356/.349
- Matt Oberste 1B 3 for 5, HR, 3 RBI, 2 R .288/.368/.408
- L.J. Mazzilli RF 1 for 4, 2 RBI .267/.355/.382
- Tomas Nido C 1 for 4, 2B .254/.293/.394
The Rumble Ponies won Thursday night around a five-run inning second inning rally. Luis Guillorme doubled in a run to get the scoring started. Matt Oberste then picked up an RBI of his own with a run scoring single. L.J. Mazzilli drove in two more with a two out single. Oberste drove in two more runs later in the game, one coming from a solo home run. Guillorme was on base a total of four times, with three hits including two doubles, and a walk.
- RHP Chris Flexen (W, 3-1, 1.69) 6.0 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 H, 10 K
- RHP Corey Taylor (4.11) 0.1 IP, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 H, 1 BB
- LHP Ben Griset (H, 2, 2.36) 1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 2 K
- RHP Cory Burns (S, 7, 6.87) 1.2 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 H, 3 K
Chris Flexen continued his dominance this year with his best start of the season. Flexed didn’t a hit until a solo home run in the 5th inning. Cory Burns allowed a run late, but secured his seventh save of the season.
Palm Beach Cardinals (45-29) 4, St. Lucie Mets (34-41) 3 F/11 Box Score
- Nick Sergakis DH 1 for 4, 2B, 2 RBI .228/.339/.436
- Tim Tebow LF 2 for 4, BB .556/.636/.889
- Patrick Mazeika C 2 for 5, .294/.383/.444
- J.C. Rodriguez SS 2 for 5, RBI .240/.284/.360
Nick Sergakis gave the Mets the lead in this one with a two-run single. J.C. Rodriguez also drove in a run on the night. Perhaps the biggest story for St. Lucie was the fact that Tim Tebow was on base three times on the night. Tebow had two singles and walked, he is now 5-for-9 with a HR in three games.
- RHP Joe Shaw (6.07) 7.0 IP, 3 R, 3 ER, 5 H, 5 K
- RHP Johnny Magliozzi (4.06) 2.0 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 4 K
- LHP Kevin Canelon (L, 1-1, 2.58) 2.0 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 H, 2 K
Joe Shaw continued his recent struggles in tonight’s Mets loss. Shaw allowed three runs on five hits and struck out five over seven innings. Shaw has now allowed 19 runs over his past three starts. Johnny Magliozzi picked up Shaw with a pair of scoreless innings in relief. However, Kevin Canelon allowed a run in the eleventh and suffered his first loss of the season.
Lexington Legends (38-39) 6, Columbia Fireflies (43-33) 5 Box Score
- Jacob Zanon CF 2 for 4, 2B, RBI, R .343/.477/.514
- Dash Winningham 1B 2 for 5, RBI .234/.287/.398
- Milton Ramos 3B 1 for 3, RBI, R .230/.276/.281
Every Fireflies position player had a hit in tonight’s game. Jacob Zanon continued his hot start to his Fireflies career reaching base twice, driving in a run, and stealing a base. Dash Winningham reached twice and drove in a run as well. Winningham now has 49 RBIs on the season.
- RHP Gabriel Llanes (L, 4-5, 3.13) 5.2 IP, 6 R, 3 ER, 6 H, 3 BB, 1 K
- LHP Taylor Henry (2.97) 0.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 BB
- RHP Cameron Griffin (2.53) 2.1 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 3 K
Gabriel Llanes suffered his sixth loss of the season as he allowed six runs, three earned, on six hits, and walked three over 5.2 innings. Taylor Henry allowed a hit and a walk without recording an out. The bright spot came from Cameron Griffin who threw 2.1 innings and allowed only two hits and struck out three.
Aberdeeen IronBirds (4-5) 9, Brooklyn Cyclones (2-7) 3 Box Score
- Matt Winaker 1B: 2 for 3, 2 BB, .286/.444/.286
- Dylan Snypes DH: 1 for 4, BB, R, .231/.412/.231
- Quinn Brodey CF: 0 for 3, 2 BB
Jose Miguel Medina stole two bases to give him five already on the young season, but he also struck out three times.
- RHP Darwin Ramos (0-2, 9.72) 4 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 7 K, L
Elizabethton (5-3) 8, Kingsport Mets (3-4) 7 F/11 Box Score
- Rigoberto Terrazas 3B: 2 for 6, 2 2B, RBI, 3 R, .483/.545/.552
- Angel Manzanarez 2B: 2 for 4, 2 BB, RBI, R, .158/.200/.158
The Mets defense was horrible with six errors on the night.
- RHP Carlos Hernandez (4.09) 6 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- RHP Joe Cavallaro 1 IP, K (Pro debut, 27th RD)
- RHP Ryan Selmer 1 IP, 2 H, K
- RHP Stephen Villines 1 IP, H, 2 K
Dionis Paulino, an outfielder normally, took the loss as the pitch giving up two runs in his one inning of work.
GCL Astros (2-1) 5, GCL Mets (1-3) 4 F/10 Box Score
- Ricardo Cespedes CF: 0 for 3, 2 K (rehab assignment)
- Hansel Moreno SS: 1 for 4, 2B, RBI, 2 R, .353
- Kenny Hernandez 3B: 3 for 4, 2B, 2 RBI
- RHP Jaison Vilera 5 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 6 K (perfect outing in stateside debut)
- LHP Jose Sierra 1 IP, H, BB, 2 K (pro debut, 23rd RD)
DSL Mets1 (13-10) 5, DSL Angels (11-12) 3 Box Score
The Mets won despite being outhit 8 to 6.
- RHP Nelson Leon (4-0, 1.96) 5 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K
DSL Mets2 (15-8) 3, DSL D-Backs2 (8-15) 0 Box Score
- Jhoander Saez CF: 3 for 4, 2B, 3 R, SB, .405/.495/.512
- Shervyen Newton SS: 1 for 2, 2 BB, RBI, SB, .322/.419/.425
Newton has reached base safely in 20 of 23 games so far this year.
- LHP Ivan Santana (2-1, 0.46) 6 IP, H, 0 R, 5 BB, 7 K, W