Las Vegas 51s 8, El Paso Chihuahuas 7 Box Score
- Gavin Cecchini SS: 3 for 5, 2B, 2 R, RBI
- RHP Kevin McGowan (4.06) IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 4th save
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (68-46) 6, Akron RubberDucks (58-58) 1 Box Score
- Kevin Kaczmarski LF: 3 for 3, 2 R, 3B, 2 RBI, BB, .269/.370/.351
- Tomas Nido C: 1 for 3, RBI, BB, K, .243/.292/.377
- Kevin Taylor DH: 1 for 3, R, 2B, 2 RBI, .284/.367/.366
The Rumble Ponies scored six runs on nine hits in this game. Luis Guillorme reached base for a 30th straight game and now has a .377 OBP this season.
- RHP Robert Gsellman (1-0, 2.92 ERA) 6.0 IP, 3 H, BB, 5 K
- RHP Drew Smith (1-1, 1.69 ERA) 1.0 IP, H, ER
After getting knocked out of the game in the third inning in his last rehab start, Gsellman was much better in this game as he tossed six shutout innings. Smith gave up a solo home run in his lone inning of work.
Akron RubberDucks (59-58) 2, Binghamton Rumble Ponies (68-47) 1 Box Score
- L.J. Mazzilli RF: 1 for 3, R, HR, RBI, K, .254/.332/.358
- Dale Burdick 2B: 3 for 3, .236/.333/.361
- David Thompson 3B: 1 for 3, 2 K, .260/.323/.412
The Rumble Ponies were held to just one run in the second game of their doubleheader. Their only run came on a Mazzilli solo home run in the seventh inning.
- RHP Marcos Molina (1-6, 4.09 ERA) 6.0 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 4 BB, 3 K
Molina gave up just two runs in this game, but did struggle a bit with his command, as he walked more batters than he struck out. Molina has gone six innings in each of his four starts since returning from the disabled list in mid-July.
Tampa Yankees (71-46) 12, St. Lucie Mets (53-63) 5 Box Score
- Anthony Dimino DH: 2 for 4, R, 2 RBI, .310/.392/.352
- Wuilmer Becerra RF: 1 for 4, RBI, 2 K, SB, .251/.319/.319
- Patrick Mazeika C: 1 for 2, R, 2B, 2 BB, K, .287/.390/.408
The Mets scored five runs on nine hits in this game. Every player in the starting lineup except for J.C. Rodriguez had at least one hit.
- RHP Nabil Crismatt (4-11, 4.04 ERA) 3.0 IP, 8 H, 8 R, 7 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
- RHP Alex Palsha (3-3, 4.01 ERA) 2.0 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 3 ER, BB, 3 K
- LHP Adonis Uceta (0-0, 0.00 ERA) 2.0 IP, H, 2 K
Crismatt had his second straight start in which he has allowed seven earned runs. Over his last four starts, Crismatt has allowed 20 earned runs in 17.2 innings and has seen his ERA rise from 3.03 to 4.04. Uceta has not allowed an earned run over his last 36 innings
Hickory Crawdads (55-63) 15, Columbia Fireflies (59-56) 2 Box Score
- Luis Carpio 2B: 2 for 4, BB, .242/.312/.308
- Ian Strom CF: 2 for 4, BB, K, .268/.360/.412
- Arnaldo Berrios RF: 2 for 3, R, HR, RBI, BB, .228/.283/.339
The Fireflies were held to just two runs in this game. Strom has gotten off to an extremely hot start to August. He is hitting .368/.442/.632 in ten games this month.
- RHP Chase Ingram (1-4, 4.63 ERA) 2.0 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, 4 BB
- RHP Keaton Aldridge (0-1, 3.38 ERA) 3.0 IP, 3 K
- RHP Ryder Ryan (0-0, 13.50 ERA) 2.0 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, BB, 2 K
Ingram made the start for the Fireflies and pitched very poorly. He threw less than half of his pitches for strikes and allowed ten baserunners in just two innings. Ryan made his first appearance since being traded for Jay Bruce. His first inning went well, but he allowed a three run home run in his second inning of work. Infielder, J.J. Franco, pitched 1.1 innings in the blowout.
Brooklyn Cyclones (15-34) vs. Hudson Valley Renegades (25-25)
Brooklyn’s game against the Renegades was suspended because of rain in the fifth inning with the score tied 1-1. The game will be resumed on August 12.
Kingsport Mets (20-27) vs. Princeton Rays (18-30)
Kingsport’s game against Princeton was cancelled due to rain. The game will not be rescheduled.
GCL Mets (12-24) 13, GCL Nationals (23-13) 5 Box Score
- Mark Vientos 3B: 3 for 4, R, 2B, 2 RBI, .238/.299/.361
- Kenny Hernandez DH: 3 for 4, 2 R, HR, 4 RBI, .223/.314/.298
- Kenneth Bautista RF: 3 for 4, R, 2 2B, 3 RBI, .264/.411/.431
The Mets offense exploded for 13 runs in the seven inning game. Hernandez hit a grand slam in the third inning of this game. Bautista, a toolsy outfield in his third season in the GCL, is having an impressive season at the plate after struggling in his previous two seasons.
- RHP Jose Moreno (1-2, 4.32 ERA) 6.0 IP, 2 H, 6 BB, 2 K
- RHP Bryce Hutchinson (0-0, 27.00 ERA) 0.2 IP, 3 H. 5 R. 2 ER. 2 BB.
Moreno pitched six shutout innings, but struggled with his control as he walked six batters. Hutchinson made his first professional appearance.
GCL Mets (13-24) 2, GCL Nationals (23-14) 0 Box Score
- Raul Beracierta CF: 1 for 2, 2B, 2 RBI, .229/.302/.323
- Gregory Guerrero DH: 1 for 3, 2 K, .221/.262/.257
- Mark Vientos SS: 0 for 2, BB, K, .234/.299/.355
The Mets were held to just two hits in this game, but they were able to push across two runs. Both runs came on a Beracierta double in the fifth inning.
- RHP Matt Cleveland (1-0, 0.96 ERA) 4.0 IP, H, BB, 3 K
- LHP Miguel Gutierrez (1-1, 7.62 ERA) 3.0 IP, BB, 4 K
Cleveland and Gutierrez combined to shut the Nationals out over seven innings. Cleveland was making his first professional start and has been excellent so far in 2017.
DSL Twins (42-16) 3, DSL Mets1 (36-21) 1 Box Score
- Wilmer Reyes 3B: 2 for 4, RBI, K, .242/.336/.353
- Julio Rene CF: 2 for 4, K, .241/.301/.300
- Moises Gonzalez RF: 1 for 3, 3B, BB, .284/.395/.339
The Mets had nine hits in this game, but were able to push across just one run. Their lone run came in the the eighth inning, when Reyes singled to bring home Jose Mena.
- RHP Miguel Ramirez (5-2, 1.63 ERA) 6.0 IP, H, BB, 3 K
- RHP Malky Mena (3-2, 2.09 ERA) 3.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 K
Ramirez continues to have a fantastic season, as he has now thrown 37 straight scoreless innings. He has walked just three batters this season.
DSL Phillies White (35-22) 3, DSL Mets2 (41-17) 2 Box Score
- Luis Santana 2B: 2 for 3, R, 2B, BB, .328/.440/.462
- Yoel Romero LF: 1 for 3, RBI, ,330/.416/.394
- Cristopher Pujols 3B: 1 for 3, RBI, K, .316/.381/.421
The Mets scored two runs on seven hits. Santana is hitting .486 over his last ten games.
Rojas has allowed three runs or less in each of his five starts this season.