Sacramento River Cats (60-75) 3, Las Vegas 51s (52-84) Box Score
- Phillip Evans SS 1 for 4, R, 2B, .271/.335/.401
The 51s had only five hits and one walk on offense for the night.
- RHP Kevin McGowan (4.00) IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 0 R, K
- RHP Jamie Callahan (1.80) IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 0 R, K
This was the fifth straight scoreless appearance for Callahan.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (80-54) 8, Erie Seawolves (64-70) 3 Box Score
- Luis Guillorme SS: 2 for 4, Run, 3 RBI
- Peter Alonso 1B: 1 for 4, 3B, 2 RBI, K
- Tomas Nido C: 1 for 4, Run, K
Guillorme’s OBP is now a sparkly .375. Peter Alonso is now slashing .310/.333/.483 in his first seven games as a Rumble Ponie. Seems to be adjusting well to the league.
Molina has gone seven innings in each of his last three starts with a 2.57 ERA in that time. Since returning from the DL, he has showed off his strikeout pitch more often.
Fort Myers Miracle (73-57) 5, St. Lucie Mets (60-73) 3 Box Score
- Jacob Zanon RF: 1 for 5, Run, 3B, K
- Wuilmer Becerra 1B: 1 for 4, RBI, K
- Michael Paez 2B: 0 for 1, 3 BB, K
Jacob Zanon has some speed. 30 steals in limited action this season and got his first triple in St. Lucie. Despite hitting just .196, Paez is drawing his walks and getting on base at a .321 clip.
- RHP Harol Gonzalez (0-1, 3.18 ERA): 4.2 IP, 4 H, 4 R (1 ER), 3 K
- RHP Craig Missigman (3-2, 4.83): 2.1 IP, 3 H, ER, 2 K
- RHP Austin McGeorge (2-2, 1.73 ERA): 2 IP, 2 H, BB, K
Gonzalez has been not been working deep into games likely due to an innings limit. McGeorge is making a strong case to be a legit relief prospect.
Asheville Tourists (63-69) 3, Columbia Fireflies (67-65) 2 Box Score
Andres Gimenez left early after colliding with a teammate and he walked off on his own power. The Fireflies had their chances in this on but went 0 for 10 with runners in scoring position.
- LHP Martin Anderson (0-4, 5.76 ERA): 6.2 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- RHP Ryder Ryan (0-0, 2.61 ERA): 1.1 IP, 2 K
- RHP Matt Blackham (4-2, 1.46 ERA): 1 IP, K
- RHP Joseph Zanghi (0-3, 2.23 ERA): 2 IP, H, K
- RHP Matt Pobereyko (2-2, 3.34 ERA): 2 IP, 2 H, ER, 4 K
Ryder Ryan now has a 8.1 IP scoreless streak. Blackham dominating should be nothing new at this point. Zanghi is quietly putting up a dominant season. The Mets might have something if even just some of these pitchers turn into quality major league relievers.
Elizabethton Twins (40-26) 6, Kingsport Mets (28-36) 3 Box Score
- Mark Vientos SS: 0 for 4, 2 K
- Anthony Dirocie CF: 1 for 4, Run, HR, RBI, K
Dirocie continues to show off his power. He has a .809 OPS in the month of August and his 11 home runs are tied for the league lead. His 19 doubles are fourth in the league and his .504 slugging is sixth in the league.
- RHP Joe Cavallaro (3-1, 2.34 ERA): 7 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
- RHP Mac Lozer (2-1, 4.30 ERA): 1 IP, 7 H, 4 ER
- RHP Marbin Montijo (3-2, 5.46 ERA): 1 IP, 3 K
Cavallaro was drafted primarily as a reliever. It will be interesting to see if this is a full time role in 2018 or if he’s just filling in for others.