Las Vegas 51s 3, Tacoma Rainiers 2 Box Score
McNeil helped the 51s snap an eight game losing streak.
- RHP Wilfredo Boscan tossed six scoreless innings
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (83-54) 1, Hartford Yard Goats (62-75) 0 Box Score
- Peter Alonso 1B: 2 for 4, .341/.357/.634
- David Thompson 3B: 2 for 4, .262/.324/.429
- Patrick Biondi CF: 2 for 3, R, SB, .230/.321/.280
The Rumble Ponies had eight hits in this game, but could only score one run. They scored their lone run on a RBI single by Gustavo Nunez with two outs in the fourth inning. Alonso continued his hot hitting with two singles in this game and now has a nine game hitting streak with Binghamton.
- RHP Corey Oswalt (12-5, 2.28 ERA) 5.0 IP, 3 H, BB, 8 K
- RHP Drew Smith (3-2, 1.80 ERA) 2.0 IP, 4 K
- RHP Tyler Bashlor (1-0, 0.00 ERA) 1.0 IP, H, K
Oswalt, who was recently named Eastern League Pitcher of the Year, had another dominant outing as he struck out eight over five shutout innings. Over his last ten games, Oswalt has a 1.31 ERA with 59 strikeouts in 61.2 innings. Binghamton’s bullpen combined to strike out seven batters over four shutout innings.
Palm Beach Cardinals (74-58) 8, St. Lucie Mets (61-75) 5 Box Score
- Ian Strom CF: 3 for 6, 2 R, K, E, .286/.286/.440
- Tim Tebow LF: 3 for 5, R, BB, K, .226/.299/.356
- Wuilmer Becerra 1B: 3 for 6, RBI, .262/.328/.330
The Mets scored five runs on fourteen hits in their twelve inning loss. Strom now has a fourteen game hitting streak, including his final 8 games with Columbia as well as his first 6 games with St. Lucie. Known for having an excellent glove in the outfield, Strom has impressed with the bat this season.
- RHP Scarlyn Reyes (5.76 ERA) 4.1 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 3 ER, BB, 4 K
- RHP Stephen Nogosek (5.06 ERA) 2.2 IP, H, K
- RHP Austin McGeorge (1.70 ERA) 0.2 IP, K
Reyes struggled in his start with St. Lucie, needing 83 pitches to get through just 4.1 innings. Nogosek has been much better in his last three appearances with the Mets, throwing six straight scoreless innings.
Columbia Fireflies (68-67) 4, Rome Braves (71-65) 2 Box Score
- Brandon Brosher DH: 1 for 3, 2B, 3 RBI, K, .222/.347/.444
- Gene Cone CF: 2 for 5, R, 2 K, .215/.319/.271
- Quinn Brodey LF: 0 for 1, RBI, 2 BB, K, .250/.321/.458
The Fireflies had only five hits in the game, but were able to push across four runs, all of which came in the sixth inning. Brosher had the big hit of the game, a bases clearing double which put Columbia ahead by four runs.
- RHP Gabriel Llanes (6-11, 4.48 ERA) 5.1 IP, 6 H, ER, 2 BB, K
- RHP Ryder Ryan (0-0, 2.25 ERA) 1.2 IP, 2 BB, 2 K
- RHP Matt Blackham (4-2, 1.43 ERA) 1.0 IP, H, R, 2 K
Llanes pitched well in the game as he gave up just one run over 5.1 innings. Ryan has not given up an earned run since his first appearance in the Mets organization, a stretch spanning six appearances. Blackham was named Reliever of the Month in the South Atlantic League for the second straight month.
Brooklyn Cyclones (22-48) 2, Lowell Spinners (31-38) 1 Box Score
- Walter Rasquin DH: 1 for 4, R, RBI, SB. .300/.340/.414
- Jose Miguel Medina RF: 2 for 4, 2B, RBI, K, SB, .259/.328/.337
- Wagner Lagrange LF: 1 for 3, BB, .318/.400/.318
The Cyclones pushed across two runs on eight hits in this game. Rasquin broke a Cyclones franchise record by stealing his 31st base of the season.
- LHP Jake Simon (1-4, 6.53 ERA) 1.1 IP, 4 H, ER
- RHP Joe Napolitano (1-2, 6.53 ERA) 2.2 IP, BB, 2 K
- RHP Tony Dibrell (1-1, 5.60 ERA) 2.0 IP, H, BB, 4 K
Simon made the start for Brooklyn and left the game due to a right shoulder injury in the second inning after giving up three consecutive hits. Brooklyn’s bullpen combined to pitch 7.2 shutout innings after Simon’s early exit.
GCL Cardinals (25-29) 6, GCL Mets (19-36) 5 Box Score
- Kenneth Bautista RF: 2 for 3, 2 R, 3B, HR, RBI, BB, .270/.387/.460
- Raul Beracierta CF: 2 for 4, R, K, .247/.302/.316
- Robby Kidwell C: 2 for 4, R, RBI, K, .175/.235/.190
The Mets had a solid game offensively, scoring five runs on ten hits. Bautista, after struggling in his past two seasons in the GCL, is quietly putting together a very good season. He is still striking out at a high rate, but his walk rate has almost doubled from the past two seasons and his .190 ISO shows that he’s finally hitting for some power.
- RHP Kyle Wilson (1-1, 1.50 ERA) 4.0 IP, 5 H, ER, BB, 5 K
- RHP Bryce Hutchinson (0-0, 4.70 ERA) 2.0 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, BB
- RHP Noah Nunez (1-2, 7.15 ERA) 1.1 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, K
Wilson made his second start of the season and pitched very well again. He has a 1.50 ERA, 1.11 WHIP, and has struck out 19 batters over 18 innings this season.
DSL Dodgers (1-1) 1, DSL Mets2 (1-1) 1 Box Score
- Yoel Romero LF: 2 for 4, .364/.439/.464
- Cristopher Pujols 3B: 1 for 4, K, .349/.386/.460
- Luis Santana 2B: 0 for 4, 2 K, .325/.430/.481
The Mets were shut out as they dropped the second game of their playoff series against the Dodgers.
- RHP Jose Butto (1-1, 1.44 ERA) 3.1 IP, 5 H, ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- RHP Boris Sanchez (4-0, 2.88 ERA) 4.2 IP, 2 H, 3 BB, 2 K
Both Mets pitchers threw the ball well in the playoff game, as they held the Dodgers to just a single run.