Sacramento (55-83) 7, Las Vegas (69-69) 3 Box Score
- Peter Alonso 1B: 2-4, 2 2B, BB, K, .261/.360/.586
- Dominic Smith LF: 0-5, K, .258/.328/.380
- Patrick Kivlehan RF: 2-4, 2B, .312/.366/.579
- Jose Lobaton C: 2-4, K, .354/.432/.608
Alonso continues to take strong at-bats and hit the ball hard, as he smashes two doubles last night. Smith had a tough game overall, with five weak at-bats as well as two costly errors on what should have been routine plays in the field. After a monster August, Kivlehan started September off strong. But the 51d could not capitalize and come back, as they went 1-11 with runners in scoring position.
- RHP Scott Copeland (L, 3-3, 3.09 ERA): 5.0 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- RHP Joshua Torres (0-0, 12.96 ERA): 2.0 IP, 3 H, R, 0 ER, BB, K,
- RHP Chris Beck (1-1, 8.15 ERA): 1.0 IP, H, 0 R, BB, K
- LHP Buddy Baumann (1-0, 4.94 ERA): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K
Copeland had yet another decent start, which was somewhat ruined by a critical Smith error that led to four unearned runs. Vegas has been a struggle for Torres, but while he wasn’t dominant last night, he had a much better outing than his previous ones as he made it through two innings without allowing an earned run. Beck walked the relief pitcher to start the inning, but found his way out of a two-on, two-out jam as his inconsistencies continued. Baumann pitched a quick six-pitch inning in his first appearance since August 10.
Binghamton 7 (64-74), Portland 6 (61-76) Box Score
- Jhoan Urena DH 5-for-6, 2 RBI, R, .260/.324/.417
- Will Toffey 3B 2-for-5, BB, RBI, 2 R, .248/.397/.416
- RHP Mickey Jannis (3.60) 5.1 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, BB, 3 K
- RHP Stephen Villines (3.48) 3 IP, H, 0 R, 0 BB, 5 K
- RHP Matt Pobereyko (0.00) IP, H, R/0 ER, K
Villines now has 94 strikeouts compared to only 13 walks in 65.2 innings this season over three levels.
St. Lucie Mets 4 (54-76), Jupiter (70-64) 0 Box Score
Blake Tiberi drove in two runs with a double.
- LHP David Peterson (6-6, 4.33) 5 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- RHP Joe Cavallaro (4.84) 3 IP, H, 0 R, BB, 3 K
Augusta 8 (66-69), Columbia (63-69) 3 Box Score
Manea has three homers in his last nine games and a career-high 12 on the season.
- RHP Nicolas Debora (3.65) 7 IP, 9 H, 7 R/6 ER, BB, 3 K
Staten Island (37-34) 3, Brooklyn (38-35) 1 Box Score
- Walter Rasquin DH 2-for-4, 2B, SB, .298/.369/.376
- Wagner Lagrange LF 3-for-4, 2B, SB, R, .294/.369/.372
The Cyclones had seven hits on the night but went 0-for-10 with runners in scoring position.
- RHP Jaison Vilera (5-2, 1.83) 5.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R/2 ER, 3 BB, 6 K
- RHP Ryley Gilliam (2.08) IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, K
Kingsport 7, Elizabethton 6 F/10 Box Score
- Mark Vientos DH 2-for-4, 2B, 3 RBI, R
- Ronny Mauricio SS 2-for-5, 2 R, 2B
- Shervyen Newton 3B 1-for-3, 2 BB, R, RBI, 2B, SB
- Jarred Kelenic CF 1-for-5, SB
The Mets had 15 hits in the game including two each from Kenny Hernandez, Yoel Romero and Guillermo Granadillo. Ranfy Adon had three hits and knocked in two runs. The Kingsport Mets forced a game 3 in the three-game playoff series.
- RHP Daison Acosta 5.1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 8 K
Reliever Nelson Leon got the final out of the game with the winning run on second base in the bottom of the 10th inning.
Las Vegas portion of recap done by Mojo Hill.