Fresno Grizzlies (8-7) 10 , Las Vegas 51s (7-8) 3 Box Score
- RHP Wilfredo Boscan 3.0 IP, 6 R, 5 ER, 9 H, 2 BB, K (0-1, 3.75)
- RHP Beck Wheeler 2.0 IP, 0 R, H, 2 BB, 2 K (0.96)
- RHP Ben Rowen 1.0 IP, 0 R, H (11.37)
- RHP Cory Burns 1.0 IP, 1 BB (5.06)
- RHP Chase Bradford 1.0 IP, 4 R, 4 ER, 6 H, K (6.00)
Wilfredo Boscan was roughed up early as the Grizzlies put up five runs in the first inning. Wheeler, Rowen, and Burns then combined for four scoreless innings in relief.
- Amed Rosario SS 2 for 3, 2B, BB, .370/.407/.407
- Travis Taijeron RF 1 for 3, HR, RBI, HBP, 2 K, OF AST, .308/.390/.538
- Jayce Boyd DH 2 for 3, HR, RBI, BB, .217/.250/.391
Amed Rosario was on base three more times tonight including his first two extra base hits of the season. His average is all the way up to .370 and he has reached base in 12 of the 14 games this season. Travis Taijeron (3) and Jayce Boyd (1) both homered for the 51s. Dominic Smith and Gavin Cecchini each went 0 for 4 on the night. Cecchini has not made an error in 14 games this year (13 at 2B, 1 at SS).
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (5-6), Portland Sea Dogs (7-4) PPD
Tonight’s game has been postponed due to rain. It will be made up on August 19th as part of a doubleheader.
Dunedin Blue Jays (8-7) 6, Port St. Lucie Mets (7-8) 4 Box Score
- RHP Justin Dunn 4.2 IP, 6 R, 6 ER, 7 H, 2 BB, 3 K (0-1, 6.43)
- RHP Craig Missigman 3.1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 5 K (0.87)
Justin Dunn started the game having retired 11 batters in a row. However, in the fifth the Blue Jays sent nine men to the plate and scored six runs on five hits. Craig Missigman closed out the game, throwing 3.1 perfect innings and striking out five. Missigman now has 14 strikeouts in 10.1 innings this year, but has seven walks as well.
- Nick Sergakis PH-LF 2 for 3, 2B, HR, RBI, .185/.313/.407
- John Mora RF 1 for 5, RBI, .182/.239/.242
- J.C. Rodriguez SS 1 for 4, 2B, R, .348/.348/.425
The Mets were only able to muster five hits against the Blue Jays pitching staff. Nick Sergakis entered the game in the second and picked up two of the five PSL hits. St. Lucie went 0 for 10 with runners in scoring position.
Lexington Legends (5-10) 2,Columbia Fireflies (9-6) 0 Box Score
Despite being handed the loss, Gabriel Llanes turned in one of the best performances of his career. He didn’t allow a hit until the fifth inning. Lanes allowed only three hits and one run over seven innings. Joel Huertastossed two innings of one run ball in relief in his Fireflies debut.
- Gene Cone LF 1 for 4, .255/.406/.314
- Milton Ramos 3B 1 for 3, .214/.267/.214
- Jose Medina RF 1 for 3, .241/.241/.276
- Reed Gamache DH 0 for 3, 2 K, .083/.154/.208
Columbia’s offense was stymied by Legends starter Andre Davis as he tossed seven shutout innings. Cone has now reached base safely in eight straight games. Desmond Lindsay continued his early season struggles in an 0 for 3 night that dropped his slash line to .132/.327/.184 for the year.