Nashville Sounds (49-54) 8, Las Vegas 51s (37-67) 7 Box Score
- Brandon Nimmo CF: 0 for 2, Run, 3 BB, K, .215/.358/.361
- Amed Rosario SS: 4 for 5, 2 Runs, RBI, K, .334/.371/.474
- Dominic Smith 1B: 1 for 5, 2 Runs, .337/.390/.524
Huge night for Rosario and has continued to plea the Mets to call him up. Soon Amed, soon. Neil Walker played nine innings at third base and made an error on his first play but nothing else the rest of the way. Fortunately for Neil, we do not have high standards at third base this season. Just needs to come back and hit like he did from May 1st onwards. Kevin Plawecki had two hits and knocked in two, now slashing .332/.379/519 on the season.
- RHP Wilfredo Boscan (4-10, 5.42 ERA): 4.1 IP, 10 H, 7 R (6 ER), 6 K
- LHP Kyle Regnault (2-0, 3.21 ERA): 1.2 IP, 2 H, ER, BB, K
- RHP Luis Mateo (0-0, 9.58 ERA): 1 IP
- RHP Kevin McGowan (5-3, 4.23 ERA): 1 IP, K
McGowan now has a 3.38 ERA in his last ten games. He should really be getting a chance soon.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (56-44) 3, Akron RubberDucks (50-51) 2 Box Score
- Kevin Kaczmarski LF: 0 for 2, 2 BB, .273/.375/.356
- Matt Oberste DH: 3 for 4, 2 Run, 2B, RBI, .288/.369/.399
- Tomas Nido C: 0 for 4, 2 K, .242/.287/.368
The game was tied 2-2 in the eighth and the Rumble Ponies broke the tie on a Matt Oberste single. Oberste should be in Las Vegas once Dominic Smith moves up to the MLB. Champ Stuart stole his 30th base of the season, his career-high is 40 set last season.
- RHP Corey Oswalt (7-4, 2.61 ERA): 6 IP, 5 H, ER, BB, 7 K
- RHP Tim Peterson (4-3, 1.49 ERA): 2 IP, H, ER, 3 K
- RHP Cory Burns (0-2, 5.27 ERA): 1 IP, H, 2 K
More dominance for Oswalt who showed off his strikeout pitch in this one. His strikeouts have been on and off this year and he also shown nice command.
Bradenton (58-41) 9, St. Lucie Mets (46-55) 8 Box Score
- Anthony Dimino C: 2 for 3, Run, 2 BB, .307/.394/.325
- Peter Alonso 1B: 1 for 4, Run, RBI, .265/.332/.502
- Jhoan Urena 3B: 2 for 5, Run, 2B, 2 RBI, K, .291/.374/.437
The St. Lucie offense made it close but they could not win it in the end. Alonso keeps up the hot hitting. Dimino continues getting on base as he has in the minors. Urena has cooled off a bit but he should be in Binghamton soon. J.C. Rodriguez lined into a double play with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth. Tim Tebow had three hits in the game (including one during 9th inning rally) and is now slashing .315/.400/.522 for St. Lucie.
- RHP Nabil Crismatt (4-8, 3.31 ERA): 4.1 IP, 9 H, 6 R (5 ER), 3 BB, 2 K
- RHP Alex Palsha (2-3, 3.98 ERA): 2.2 IP, 2 H, R (0 ER), K
- RHP Joshua Torres (0-3, 4.43 ERA): 0.2 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, BB
- RHP Adonis Uceta (0-0, 0.00 ERA): 1.1 IP, 3 K
A surprisingly bad start for for Crismatt. He did not have much working in this start which has been a rarity for him. Uceta made his long awaited debut and pitched very well. He hasn’t allowed an earned run in 30.2 innings and topped out at 97 MPH last night.
Kingsport Mets (13-19) 5, Danville Braves (17-17) 4 Box Score
- Raphael Gladu LF: 1 for 5, Run, HR, 3 RBI, K, .333/.375/.511
- Rigoberto Terrazas 3B: 1 for 3, BB, .357/.424/.508
- Jeremy Vasquez 1B: 1 for 4, RBI, K, .318/.409/.579
Gladu had a walk off three-run homer. It was just the second home run of his professional career. Nice season thus far for the man who hails from Quebec.
- RHP Jose Geraldo (3-1, 4.89 ERA): 6 IP, 10 H, 4 ER, 4 K
- RHP Billy Oxford (1-0, 5.59 ERA): 2 IP, 2 H, K
- RHP Stephen Villines (2-1, 1.08 ERA): 1 IP, 2 K
Given how many hits he gave up, Geraldo was lucky only to give up four runs. Villines has been dominant in his pro-career, should move up soon if he keeps it up.
GCL Marlins (12-14) 4, GCL Mets (7-17) 0 Box Score
- Guillermo Granadillo CF: 2 for 3, 2B, BB, .360/.421/.488
- Pedro Ventura 2B: 2 for 3, BB, .217/.280/.217
- Kenny Hernandez 3B: 2 for 4, BB, .213/.308/.275
Despite 13 baserunners, the GCL Mets were not able to score any runs. Perhaps something for Kenny Hernandez to build off? He’s now hitting .213/.308/.275 this year, a third straight disappointing year.
- LHP Tommy Milone (0-1, 10.80 ERA): 1.2 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, BB, 3 K
- LHP Placido Torres (0-0, 0.00 ERA): 0.1 IP, 2 H, R (0 ER), BB
- RHP Colin Holderman (0-0, 0.00 ERA): 1 IP, 2 BB
- RHP Daison Acosta (0-2, 3.27 ERA): 3 IP, H, 3 K
- RHP Nate Peden (0-0, 3.00 ERA): 1 IP, H, ER, 2 BB, K
- RHP Luis Mateo (0-2, 5.40 ERA): 1 IP, 2 K
Rehab galore in this one. Tommy Milone started his rehab from his vague knee injury. Torres, 8th round pick in 2016, made his season debut on rehab assignment. Holderman was also pitching on a rehab assignment.
The Columbia Fireflies and Brooklyn Cyclones had the night off.