El Paso Chihuahuas 7, Las Vegas 51s 2 Box Score
- Josh Rodriguez LF: 1 for 1, HR, R, RBI
- Dominic Smith 1B: 2 for 4, RBI
- Amed Rosario SS: 2 for 4, CS
- Gavin Cecchini 2B: 1 for 4, R, K, SB
The 51s were held without a run until the 8th, when Rodriguez led off with a pinch hit home run. Three consecutive hits led to another run before Travis Taijeron grounded into a double play to end the rally. Rosario and Smith continued their hot start to the season with two hits apiece.
- LHP Sean Gilmartin (0-1, 8.10 ERA) 3.1 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, BB, 5 K
- RHP Logan Taylor (0-0, 5.79 ERA) 2.2 IP, 3 H, ER, BB, 2 K
- RHP Erik Goeddel (1-0, 5.40 ERA) 1.1 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, BB, 2 K
Gilmartin was knocked out of the game in the 4th after giving up three runs, including a home run to former Met Collin Cowgill. After a perfect seventh inning, Goeddel was hit hard in the eighth, giving up three runs, before being replaced by David Roseboom.
New Hampshire Fisher Cats 8, Binghamton Rumble Ponies 3 Box Score
- Matt Oberste 1B: 2 for 4, 2B, RBI, 2 K
- L.J. Mazzilli RF: 1 for 2, 2B, RBI, 2 BB
- Patrick Biondi CF: 0 for 5, RBI, 2 K
The Binghamton offense failed to get much going until the 8th inning, when back to back doubles by Oberste and Mazzilli brought in two of their three runs. Mazzilli has played right field in every game for the Rumble Ponies, despite only playing the infield previously in his career.
- RHP Corey Oswalt (0-1, 9.00 ERA) 4.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 4 ER, BB, 7 K, Loss
- RHP Scarlyn Reyes (0-0, 0.00 ERA) 1.0 IP, H, 3 K
- LHP Ben Griset (0-0, 13.50 ERA) 2.0 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, BB, K
- LHP Alberto Baldonado (0-0, 0.00 ERA) 1.0 IP, BB, 2 K
Oswalt got roughed up right out of the gate, giving up four runs in the first inning. He settled down after the first, but the game was put out of reach when Griset gave up three runs in his two innings of work. Reyes, pitching as a single-inning reliever for the first time in his career, was dominant striking out three.
St. Lucie Mets 6, Palm Beach Cardinals 3 Box Score
- Wuilmer Becerra DH: 1 for 3, R, RBI, 2 K, HBP
- Jhoan Urena 3B: 1 for 4, RBI, K
- Peter Alonso 1B: 0 for 4
After only scoring 1 run through the first eight innings, the St. Lucie offense was ignited in the 9th after having the first 3 hitter reach base on two errors and a hit by pitch. After consecutive hits by Urena, Nick Sergakis, Jeff Diehl, and Enmanuel Zabala, the Mets had scored 5 runs in the inning, which was enough to take the lead.
- RHP Nabil Crismatt (0-0, 3.00 ERA) 6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- RHP Justin Brantley (1-0, 0.00 ERA) 2.0 IP, H, 2 K, Win
- RHP Alex Palsha (0-0, 0.00 ERA) 1.0 IP, H, BB, Save
Crismatt got the start for St. Lucie and was solid, only needing 74 pitches to get through six innings. Brantley and Palsha combined to throw three scoreless innings and seal the victory for the Mets.
Columbia Fireflies 6, Augusta GreenJackets 0 Box Score
- Gene Cone CF: 2 for 5, RBI, K
- Anthony Dimino 1B: 3 for 4, R
- Tim Tebow LF: 1 for 3, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI, BB, K
- Ali Sanchez C, 1 for 4, 2 RBI
The Columbia offense continues to be outstanding, scoring at least six runs in each of their first four games. Tim Tebow hit is 2nd home run of the year, a three-run no-doubter. The other three runs came in the second inning on four walks and two hits.
- RHP Merandy Gonzalez (1-0, 0.00) 6.0 IP, 3 H, BB, 6 K
- RHP Max Kuhns (0-0, 4.15 ERA) 2.0 IP, BB, 2 K
- RHP Cameron Griffin (0-0, 0.00 ERA) 1.0 IP, K
Merandy Gonzalez was dominant in his first start of the season, pitching six shutout innings with six strikeouts in his full season debut.