Las Vegas (67-68) 7, Tacoma (64-70) 5 Box Score
- Peter Alonso DH: 2-5, 2 2B. RBI, .246/.349/.555
- David Wright 3B: 0-5, 2 K, .111/.111/.111
- Patrick Kivlehan LF: 2-4, HR, 2B, RBI, K, .310/.360/.569
- Dominic Smith 1B: 3-4, RBI, .260/.332/.387
Alonso is finishing off strong what has been a great month (1.063 OPS) and a great season for him. Wright went 0-5 is just 1-9 with a single overall, but he still played nine innings at third base for the second straight night with no problems. Kivlehan has hit like an absolute beast this month, raising his August line to .366/.418/.915 in 23 games. He has not done great in a limited sample in the Majors with the Reds, but giving him a look in September wouldn’t be such a terrible idea. Smith has a little four-game hit streak going in what’s been an inconsistent down year for him.
- LHP P.J. Conlon (W, 4-9, 6.67 ERA): 6.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 4 K
- RHP Chris Beck (1-1, 8.64 ERA): 1.1 IP, 2 H, 3 R, BB, 2 K
- RHP Tim Peterson (0-1, 3.49 ERA): 1.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K
Conlon has done a more respectable job since making two scoreless relief apperances, with a 4.98 ERA in his last four starts. Beck continues to have a rough time of it since joining the Mets organization, consistently giving up many walks and hits while struggling with command. Peterson allowed two inherited runners to score but settled down to record a five-out save, his eighth of the year.
Hartford (61-71) 6, Binghamton (63-72) 2 Box Score
- Andres Gimenez SS: 1-for-4, R, .296/.353/.384
- Will Toffey 3B: 2-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB, SB, .254/.406/.439
- Jhoan Urena RF: 1-for-3, BB, .253/.320/.416
Toffey followed up his Tuesday night heroics (pinch-hit game-winning homer in the 9th inning) with a solid all-around game. Joey Terdoslavich hit his eighth homer of the month, a solo shot. Urena failed to homer after having four in his previous two games, his August OPS is .994.
- RHP Justin Dunn (6-5, 3.93)6 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 7 K
Dunn has struggled with control over his last three starts with 11 walks in 16.1 inning though he does have 20 strikeouts in that span. He has 97 strikeouts compared to 35 walks in 84.2 innings. Important to note that he is at 130.1 innings for the season after throwing 95.1 last season. Dunn also went 1-for-2 at the plate, it was his second hit in 12 at-bats this year.
St. Lucie had their doubleheader rained out.
Charleston (61-70) 6, Columbia (61-67) 1 Box Score
Moreno has a .817 OPS with 11 stolen bases in the month of August. Winaker, Mets 2017 fifth rounder, has been terrific in August with .315/.408/.618 slash line.
- RHP Zac Grotz (3-6, 4.68) 6.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R (1 ER), 2 BB, 8 K
Brooklyn (38-32) 4, Hudson Valley (41-29) 2 Box Score
- Wagner Lagrange LF: 2-for-3, 2B, 3B, RBI, 2 R, .290/.369/.367
- Anthony Dirocie CF: 1-for-3, HR (2nd), 2 RBI, .224/.335/.343
Two straight wins have given the Cyclones a one-game lead for the wild card spot in the New York-Penn League.
- RHP Billy Oxford (1.43) 1.1 IP, H, 0 R, BB
- LHP Kevin Smith (0.76) IP, 0 H, 0 R, BB, 2 K
- LHP Andrew Mitchell (2.00) 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, BB, K
- RHP Ezequiel Zabaleta (1.65) IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, K, Save
Johnson City (31-37) 6, Kingsport (33-35) 4 Box Score
- Yoel Romero 2B: 2-for-4, BB, HR (4th), 2 RBI, .265/.368/.373
- Jarred Kelenic CF: 1-for-5, RBI, .253/.350/.431
- Mark Vientos 3B: -for-4, BB, .287/.389/.489
- Ronny Mauricio SS: 2-for-5, 2B, R, .233/.286/.333
- Ranfy Adon RF: 2-for-4, 2B, 2 R, SB, .295/.338/.521
Romero has been hot lately hitting .386 with two homers, 9 RBI and 15 runs scored in his last 10 games. The regular season is over for Kingsport and they begin their playoff series at home on Friday.
- RHP Simeon Woods-Richardson (4.50) 3 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
Woods-Richardson allowed the first earned runs of his career. He has an impressive 26 strikeouts to four walks in 17.1 innings to start his pro career.
Las Vegas portion of recap done by Mojo Hill.