Albuquerque Isotopes (45-45) 8, Las Vegas 51s (35-56) 4 Box Score
- RHP Mitch Atkins (L, 2-2, 7.45) 3.0 IP, 6 R, 6 ER, 6 H, 3 BB, 1 K
- RHP Luis Mateo (7.71) 2.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 K
- RHP Beck Wheeler (7.43) 2.0 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 H, 2 K
- LHP Kyle Regnault (3.20) 1.0 IP, 0 R, 2 H
- LHP Alberto Baldonado (7.56) 1.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 3 K
Mitch Atkins made the start for the 51s and he was roughed up. Atkins only lasted three innings and allowed six runs on six hits and three walks. Luis Mateo came on next in long relief, and he threw a pair of scoreless innings. Beck Wheeler allowed a run in both the fifth and sixth on three hits. Lefties Kyle Regnault and Alberto Baldonado combined for a scoreless eighth and ninth.
- Kevin Plawecki C 3 for 4, 2 RBI .329/.369/.529
- Dominic Smith 1B 2 for 4, 2B, R .331/.383/.503
- Gavin Cecchini SS 1 for 4, R .259/.318/.358
- Phillip Evans 3B 1 for 4, RBI .246/.310/.349
Kevin Plawecki continued to produce for the 51s, he picked up three more hits and drove in his 27th and 28th RBI’s of the season. Dominic Smith reached twice with a single and his 24th double of the season. Cody Decker came off the bench with a bang as he smacked a pinch-hit solo home run, his first of the season. Jace Boyd tried to spark a rally with a two out double in the ninth as Philip Evans followed him up with an RBI double. However, the come from behind attempt fell short.
Binghamton Rumble Ponies (47-38) 6, Reading Fightin Phils (51-37) 0 Box Score
- RHP Chris Flexen (W, 5-1, 1.73) 8.0 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 H, 9 K
- RHP Scarlyn Reyes (4.61) 1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 BB
Chris Flexen continued his stellar start to the season with another dominating start. Flexen tossed 7.1 hitless innings before allowing a solo home run which ended both the no hitter and the shutout. Flexen was pulled after eight the eighth having struck out nine batters on the evening. Scarlyn Reyes closed out the game with a scoreless ninth inning.
- Matt Oberste 1B 2 for 5, 2B, RBI, 2 R .287/.359/.404
- Kevin Kaczmarski LF 3 for 4, 2B, 3 RBI .284/.383/.363
- David Thompson 3B 1 for 5, HR, RBI .254/.328/.405
- Champ Stuart CF 0 for 3, 2 BB, 2 R, 2 SB .226/.328/.346
The Rumble Ponies scored a pair of runs in the first as Matt Oberste doubled home Champ Stuart. Abreast then came around to score on a Kevin Kaczmarski RBI single. Kaczmarski drove in three of the six Binghamton runs on the night. David Thompson smacked a solo home run, his eighth of the season, to extend Binghamton’s lead in the third. Speedster Champ Stuart waled twice, scored a pair of runs, and stole a pair of bases (28 SB).
GAME 1: St. Lucie Mets (39-48) 1, Daytona Tortugas (35-49) 0 Box Score
- RHP Joe Shaw (W, 5-5, 5.57) 7.0 IP, 0 R, 5 H, 2 BB, 4 K
The Mets pitching staff recorded their fifth shutout of the season in the first game of Thursday’s doubleheader. Joe Shaw tossed a gem, throwing a five hit shutout while striking out four and walking two. The complete game shutout was the first of Shaw’s minor league career.
- Peter Alonso 1B 2 for 2, HR, RBI .242/.314/.446
- Tim Tebow DH 1 for 2, .326/.415/.500
- Wuilmer Becerra RF 1 for 2, SB .257/.324/.337
Behind Shaw’s pitching performance, St. Lucie only needed one run to win this game. Pete Alonso provided that one run with one big swing of the bat. Alonso smacked a solo homer, his seventh of the year, in the bottom of the fourth to provide Shaw with all the offense he would need. Tim Tebow singled in the second inning to extend his hitting streak to ten games. Tebow has also reached base in every game he has played for St. Lucie.
GAME 2: St Lucie Mets (39-48) 5, Daytona Tortugas (35-50) 4 Box Score
- RHP Andrew Church (5.14) 6.0 IP, 4 R, 4 ER, 12 H, 1 BB, 2 K
- LHP Kevin Canelon (W, 2-2, 2.90) 1.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 K
Andrew Church was roughed around in the first two innings of this start, before settling down. Church allowed all four runs on seven hits through two, before taking control and tossing four scoreless innings. Church allowed only the four runs on thirteen hits over six innings. Lefty Kevin Canelon kept the strong outing going as he tossed a scoreless inning in relief and was awarded with the win.
- Tim Tebow DH 1 for 3, HR, RBI, 2 R .327/.421/.551
- Anthony Dimino 2B 2 for 3, R .310/.402/.333
- Michael Paez SS 2 for 3, 2 RBI .235/.325/.338
Tim Tebow won this game for the Mets in the bottom of the seventh inning. Tebow stepped up with one out in a 4-4 game. On the first pitch he saw, Tebow lined a walk-off solo homer to win the game for St. Lucie. Tebow extended his hitting streak to eleven games with the one swing of the bat as he was held hitless to that point. Michael Paez drove in a pair of runs earlier in the game to help the comeback.
Columbia Fireflies (48-40) 2, Greensboro Grasshoppers (46-41) 1 Box Score
- RHP Thomas McIlraith (2.22) 7.0 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 5 H, 1 BB, 5 K
- RHP Matt Blackham (W, 4-1, 2.21) 2.0 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 4 K
Thomas McIlraith wasn’t provided with much run support in this one, however he didn’t need it. McIlraith tossed seven innings of one run ball, and allowed five hits while striking out five. Matt Blackham took the win as he tossed two innings of scoreless relief and struck out four.
- Dash Winningham 1B 1 for 4, RBI, 3 K .224/.278/.377
- Arnaldo Berrios RF 2 for 3, 2B .259/.286/.407
- Vinny Siena 2B 2 for 3, 2B, R .200/.273/.267
- Desmond Lindsay CF 2 for 4, 2 K .202/.319/.363
Dash Winningham came into his final at-bat in the bottom of the ninth having struck out the past three times. Winningham made up for the poor showing with one swing of the bat, as he lined a walk-off single to send home the Fireflies fans happy. Winningham has driven in 51 runs on the season thus far.
Mahoning Valley Scrappers (13-10) 4, Brooklyn Cyclones (6-17) 2 Box Score
- Quinn Brodey LF 2 for 4, R, .291/.365/.364
- Jose Miguel Medina RF 2 for 4, 2B, R, .259/.322/.358
Walter Rasquin went 1 for 5 to extend his hitting streak to 13 games. The Cyclones went 1 for 9 with runners in scoring position.
- Jose Carlos Medina LHP (2.60) 6 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, BB, 3 K
- Marcel Renteria RHP (18.00) IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 2 K
- Trey Cobb RHP (0.00) IP, H, BB
Kingsport Mets (8-11) 6, Pulaski Yankees (15-6) 0 Box Score
- Jeremy Vasquez DH 1 for 4, HR (4th), 2 RBI .339/.466/.625
- Anthony Dirocie CF 1 for 4, HR (5th) .233/.291/.521
Mets scored six runs despite only five hits, going hitless with runners in scoring position and striking out 13 times.
- Christian James RHP (1-1, 0.49) 5.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 9 K
- Marbin Montijo RHP (1.80) 1.2 IP, H, ) R, 2 BB, 4 K
- Joshua Payne RHP (0.00) 2 IP, H, K
GCL Cardinals (7-7) 9, GCL Mets (5-9) 8 Box Score
- Guillermo Granadillo CF 2 for 4, HR, 2 RBI .379/.410/.552
- Hansel Moreno 2B 2 for 4, BB .404/.462/.526
- Mark Vientos DH 3 for 5, R .282/.333/.436
- RHP Daison Acosta (3.32) 0.2 IP, 2 H, 4 ER, 3 BB
- RHP Briam Campusano (3.60) 4 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- RHP Nate Peden (Pro debut, 13th RD) IP, H 0 R, K
- RHP Liam McCall (Pro debut, 29th RD) IP, 0 R, BB, K
DSL Mets2 (24-10) 13, DSL Tigers (13-22) 7 Box Score
DSL Mets1 (24-11) 7, DSL Cardinals (14-20) 1 Box Score